Aims and Ethos
Our vision as a Church of England primary school, deeply rooted in a strong Christian tradition, is to develop happy, young people with enquiring minds, a spirit of curiosity, respect for themselves, others and the environment so that they will have the skills, resilience and adaptability to thrive in a rapidly changing world.
Our vision draws inspiration from the Parable of the Sower which is found in the gospel of Matthew 13:1-9, 18-23 in the New Testament.
A farmer sows seed in a field:
- Some seed falls on the paths, and the birds quickly eat it.
- Some seed falls where there are rocks, and not much soil. Plants grow quickly, but soon the sun dries them. There is not enough soil, and the plants die.
- Some seed begins to grow in a place where there are too many weeds. The weeds stop the growth of the plants, and the plants die.
- But other seed falls on rich soil. So, the plants flourish.
We strive to provide the rich soil that enables our children and adults to develop the deep roots that they need to flourish in the love and grace of God. Within our community, our Christian school nurtures growth and supports all to have the courage to face challenge and the resilience to persevere even when confronted by difficulties. We endeavour to provide abundant opportunities which provide a platform for unique strengths and talents to blossom. Everyone feels valued and has respect for themselves and others, and hope for the brightest future.
Our mission, as a school with a religious character, is to provide an education of depth and quality in a Christian ethos which ensures the children and adults have the nurturing and aspirational environment to reach their full potential.
To realise our mission, we endeavour to live out our vision through our school motto:
Together we flourish
Christian Values are interwoven through our vision, mission and motto and are embedded throughout the curriculum with a particular focus given to:
- Love (Compassion and Friendship)
Our School Prayer
Help us to love others in the way that you love us,
Teach us kindness and respect,
In times of struggle give us hope,
So that together we can flourish.